Thursday, May 27, 2010

And now the HAPPY news . . .

I was curled up on the lounge in front of the TV late-ish on Tuesday night when the phone rang.  And it gave me one of those phone-ring starts, you know the sort you get when the phone rings late at night or really early in the morning.  When you can only imagine that it's going to be some sort of bad news.

Mike answered and gave the phone to me and it was my son.  He and his girlfriend had gone up to Katoomba in the Blue Mountains for a few days, staying at the gorgeous Lilianfels.  Such a lovely, romantic place to stay - and it had obviously worked it's magic, because he was ringing to tell me that he had asked her to marry him and that she had said 'YES'!!  He didn't know whether to laugh or cry!  And I wasn't much better - I'm so very happy for them.  They called here yesterday morning on their way back home for a big family hug and to show me the delicious diamond on the finger -


and to invite us to dinner at her parent's house last night for a celebration.  Mike didn't make it, he was home and working away on the laptop when I got home at around 10.30 pm, but I braved driving through some of the heaviest rain we have had for ages and had a lovely time.


Congratulations kids - promise us that you will be good to each other for the rest of your lives.  We love you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment