Wednesday, October 20, 2010


This one must be nearly perfect!  Except for the BS on the leaves!


And a nearly perfect Lucetta . . .


all tangled up with a pelargonium, after Saturday's fierce wind . . .


a lovely mauve foxglove . . .


Reine des violettes flowering its head off . . .


Leander being generous . . .


I don't usually include me in the photos but look at the size of Peace . . .


'Not Abraham Darby' in the western bed is looking suspiciously like it is doing a 'Lucetta' impersonation!  I wonder . . .


Maybe Blueberry Hill looking lovely . . .


every shade of aquilegia . . .


the first flowering of Buddleja alternifolia at Kurrajong!  With some white lavender getting into the act.  I do so love this shrub!

I have been washing - and watering.  Came in from outside this morning and wondered where Merlin the Great had gone.  Mike and I have two pillows each on our bed, handy for propping one up to watch television (Mike) or read gardening books (me).  We actually never sleep on both, and Mike has a habit of pitching his non-sleeping one off before he goes to sleep, which I then have to pick up again in the morning.  This is where I found Merlin . . .


Oh dear!


Dear old Daisy waiting in the hall for me to come back inside.

Look what happened in my kitchen this afternoon . . .


My sisters will recognise it.  It's our Mum's old recipe for Chocolate Slice, a great favourite with the grandkids, especially my son.  Within four years, my mother has not only been dispossessed of all her kitchen paraphernalia, (as well as her kitchen) but even sadder, of her memory as well.  How come?

No comments:

Post a Comment